Home » Lifestyle » “Aware, Not Afraid” – The Recently Published Blockbuster – Empowers People With The Knowledge To Safeguard Themselves & Their Loved Ones

The world has become a very dangerous place, but “Aware, Not Afraid” prepares people to be able to face increasing crime and security threats.

PUEBLO, COLORADO, January 30, 2015, Recent world events have been an illustration of how unstable and insecure the world has become. Not only are there criminal threats, but now “Lone Wolf Terrorists” pose an additional threat. The simple fact is that those folks who are prepared to deal with personal security issues will be the ones that are triumphant, the survivors. Knowledge is power, and that is the idea behind “Aware, Not Afraid”, the recently published blockbuster that has been flying off the shelves. Revealed in those well-written pages lie the secrets that took the professional security types years to learn.

“Aware, Not Afraid” authors, J.C. Owens and Melvin Groves, were concerned about people not developing street-smart awareness and preparedness. The book is an everyday guide to help better understand and combat the threats, both human and natural, that are likely to be encountered during one’s lifetime. Becoming Street-Smart involves developing the awareness necessary to recognize and react to the actions occurring in one’s environment at all times. It necessitates having the mental skills and preparedness to adapt and survive in almost any situation or scenario.

The current books and articles about coping with personal safety provide little in the way of tactical thinking and strategies for survival. The fact of the matter is that people must be able to think on their feet and react immediately to any threats, as authorities may not always be able to respond to an emergency situation in a timely manner. This is the first book that contains practical exercises for developing the awareness necessary to avoid 99% of situations that lead to trouble, while greatly improving one’s odds in the 1% of situations that are unavoidable. The book covers the full spectrum from violent crimes and dangerous internet environments to general preparedness for natural and man-made disasters. It is concise, yet comprehensive.

About the Authors:

J. C. Owens is a dynamic leader, speaker and author. His message about the growing need for awareness and accepting personal responsibility for one’s safety and security is timely and empowering. His knowledge and experience about street-level and gang-related crime, acquired during his teen years, has been used as a valuable asset in various law enforcement operations. This is why he makes himself available for speaking engagements and presentations. This information can also be used as an indispensable resource for every-day survival. J. C. Owens has spent the last 25 years as a business management and leadership consultant. “Aware, Not Afraid” is his way of sharing what he has learned throughout his life-time to help others in safeguarding themselves and their loved ones. In deciding to write “Aware, Not Afraid”, J. C. knew there was only one person who was up for the task of co-writing this book, his long-time friend and associate, Melvin Groves, whose credentials speak for themselves.

Melvin Groves began his thirty-seven-year career by serving in various military special-operation assignments. Since retirement from the military, he has become a consultant for public safety tactical elements and corporations for enhancing human-performance standards related to crisis management. His responsibilities include planning and executing high threat operation responses protecting personnel and assets against man-made or naturally-caused emergency situations throughout the world.

For complete information, please visit: “Aware, Not Afraid”

Media Contact:

Aware, Not Afraid Publishing LLC
Attn: Media Relations
601 N. Main Street, #200
Pueblo, CO 81003
Office Phone: 719-696-3441

1-25-2015 3-20-56 PM